The famous "urea moisturizer" created by f.c. himself! This product underwent several dozen formulations before its current iteration.
Its star ingredient is urea, a molecule found in the skin's natural moisturizing factor (NMF) that plays an integral role in improving skin barrier function.
Urea is a multi-functional ingredient with the ability to hydrate and mildly exfoliate. It's so effective as a hydrator, in fact, that it outperforms vaseline in some studies. (1)
For more information about all things urea, please see our blog post on Simple Skincare Science.
Other key features!
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: enhances skin's softness and hydration while providing a silky, non-greasy feel. Our Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is meticulously sourced and contains no trace amount of C12-24 fatty acids, enhancing its microbial potency against Malassezia, a microorganism linked to acne and "fungal acne." (2)
- Hyaluronic acid: a moisture-binding powerhouse that can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, delivering unparalleled hydration. By forming a protective barrier, it maintains optimal moisture levels and supports natural wound healing. This makes it a multi-benefit ingredient that enhances skin plumpness, radiance, and overall health, and is suitable for all skin types.
- Glycerin: a natural humectant, known for its ability to attract and lock in moisture, keeping skin soft and supple. It works synergistically with urea to create a "skin-smoothing" effect and boost hydration. (3)
- Allantoin: has soothing properties, stabilizes urea, and promotes skin softness and healing. Recognized for its ability to form a protective barrier, aid in retaining moisture, and help alleviate minor irritations. Gentle and nurturing for the skin.
- Dimethicone: creates a breathable protective barrier on the skin, locking in moisture and enhancing moisturization without a greasy feel. Our dimethicone was carefully crafted to offer smooth texture and stability for a luxurious and comfortable experience.
It was awful, made my skin sensitive and caused burning. I ended up throwing it away.
Just started using the moisturizer, but after about a month have noticed that my skin is brighter. This was even acknowledged by a close friend. I also don't feel the need to wear makeup foundation on a daily basis. Another benefit is that I no longer have clogged pores, that was particularly noticeable on my nose area and made me self-conscious.
My main goal however was to reduce the texture on my skin, which has been minimal. I have really thick textured skin, so I think by adding their new Hyaluronic Acid to my daily routine, that this will show improvement.
I absolutely love this product. Malezia is a lifesaver. No other product has ever worked for my face. At a time when I thought my acne would never heal, I came across their website and ordered their products right away! Don’t know where I’d be without them. I will support them forever! Highly recommend to anyone struggling with their skin. Thank you Malezia!!!
Within 3 days, I had a major flare up from this moisturizer. Deeply saddened because Simple Skincare Science saved my skin. I was extremely hopeful to finally have a safe moisturizer, but I must be intolerant of glycerin. For anyone else with malassezia who can tolerate glycerin, though, I’m sure this would be a holy grail product. Good luck to you.
It was a battle to find a moisturizer for my face that wouldn’t set off a series of reactions. In the meantime, I was just drying out. I am so grateful for this moisturizer. It feels wonderful going on, and it is totally nonreactive. Any one avoiding fungal triggers, this one’s for you.
I've tried a lot of products and this I tried after reading the blod that f c has had for a long time about fungal acne. Still not sure I have that but this moisturizer is GREAT! Try it. Very satisfied! :)
I use the product briefly, but it has become essential to my skincare routine. It saves my severely damaged skin barrier and helps with acne and closed comedones. I only need to use a small amount of product all over my face and my skin is hydrated and soft all day.
I am a long-time sufferer of seb derm. Majority of my life, it's been scalp only. In early 2021, still in the throes of the pandemic, I had a nasty, red, peeling rash pop up on the one side of my nose and up my forehead, inbetween my eyebrows. A dermatology appointment confirmed that it was not a run of the mill rash but rather a seb derm flare on my face (oh joy!). A prescription steroid cream only helped for so long but decimated my moisture barrier, with countless forums advising more natural methods to stop the overgrowth of malassezia in its tracks.
Last fall, I stumbled upon f.c.'s incredible blog/website and was *thisclose* to ordering some raw manuka honey when I saw Malezia had launched. One Black Friday deal later and I had both the moisturizer and acne treatment gel at my door. I started using the moisturizer twice daily and noticed a marked improvement in just about two weeks. Now, almost 9 months in and a few tubes later, I have tampered down to using the moisturizer in the morning and continue to love the results. A mark of a good product is knowing that a little dab will cover your whole face and the viscosity of the moisturizer is unmatched. My facialist has even commented on how my moisture barrier has returned and the flare areas are way less dry.
So if you're at your wits end like I was, legitimately look no further. Urea is the way to go, and the Malezia moisturizer is a miracle worker. Now if only f.c. can develop a shampoo... ;)
PS - was totally gonna post before/afters today until I realized I put my makeup on (ooops)! I plan to do something soon on Insta, though!
I wanted to write a follow up review as I’ve been using this moisturizer and benzoyl peroxide treatment for just over a year. I can say these are forever products for me. My skin usually freaks out (folliculitis) in the summer months but I have to say, using this over the past summer, my skin has been near perfect. I don’t have to wear makeup, my skin is smooth and even toned and any little bumps that may pop up are easily managed by the BP gel. After over a decade of struggling with various types of acne, it is so nice to have some consistency. I order a few tubes at a time as I live in Canada and the shipping/duty does add up. I have repurchased multiple times and will continue to be a loyal, satisfied customer.
Thank you, FC for helping clear my skin!
Feels like I've finally found my holy grail product. I've reordered multiple times already. My skin responded so well to this and it's such a relief after years of searching for answers and dealing with weird, persistent breakouts. Hopefully this will eventually be available in larger sizes or different packaging like a pump bottle, etc., but I'll take it any way I can get it. :)