The famous "urea moisturizer" created by f.c. himself! This product underwent several dozen formulations before its current iteration.
Its star ingredient is urea, a molecule found in the skin's natural moisturizing factor (NMF) that plays an integral role in improving skin barrier function.
Urea is a multi-functional ingredient with the ability to hydrate and mildly exfoliate. It's so effective as a hydrator, in fact, that it outperforms vaseline in some studies. (1)
For more information about all things urea, please see our blog post on Simple Skincare Science.
Other key features!
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: enhances skin's softness and hydration while providing a silky, non-greasy feel. Our Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is meticulously sourced and contains no trace amount of C12-24 fatty acids, enhancing its microbial potency against Malassezia, a microorganism linked to acne and "fungal acne." (2)
- Hyaluronic acid: a moisture-binding powerhouse that can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, delivering unparalleled hydration. By forming a protective barrier, it maintains optimal moisture levels and supports natural wound healing. This makes it a multi-benefit ingredient that enhances skin plumpness, radiance, and overall health, and is suitable for all skin types.
- Glycerin: a natural humectant, known for its ability to attract and lock in moisture, keeping skin soft and supple. It works synergistically with urea to create a "skin-smoothing" effect and boost hydration. (3)
- Allantoin: has soothing properties, stabilizes urea, and promotes skin softness and healing. Recognized for its ability to form a protective barrier, aid in retaining moisture, and help alleviate minor irritations. Gentle and nurturing for the skin.
- Dimethicone: creates a breathable protective barrier on the skin, locking in moisture and enhancing moisturization without a greasy feel. Our dimethicone was carefully crafted to offer smooth texture and stability for a luxurious and comfortable experience.
This is an amazing moisturizer that doesn’t clog the pores! Reasonably priced. Love that you’re not a huge corporation.
i got this lotion like a week ago, and my skin was at its worst...i could never confirm if i had fungal acne, but cutting my routine down to vanicream gentle cleanser, this moisturizer and the benzoyl peroxide gel at night is slowly but definitely clearing my skin of stubborn texture and pimples. it honestly isnt too moisturizing, and on certain days i need a good amount to keep my skin from having visible dryness, but it is still moisturizing and it works for my skin. Also, the amount is kind of smaller than expected, but im already ordering another now before i run out so its worth it.
I have experienced less breakouts for the two months or so I have been using this product. I ordered my third tube of this moisturizer last week. I have very sensitive skin, so this has helped with not inflaming my fungal acne or other breakouts. I would definitely recommend for the summer; however, I have noticed that I am experiencing a lot of dehydration this winter and I am not sure this product is hydrating enough for me, at least not by itself. Moreover, I feel like I cannot use a lot of this product (or the recommended amount) because then I will run out of it in about two weeks, which makes this product a little too expensive. I feel like it is helping with my breakouts, but the texture, elasticity, glowiness, and overall hydration of my skin seems to be suffering. I am at a crossroads because I haven't been able to find a moisturizer that doesn't increase acne, but my skin look extremally dull, and If i did the two finger length methods, the product would end up being way too expensive since the bottle is small to begin with. Summation: doesn't cause breakouts, but leaves my skin looking dull, and is not hydrating enough for the winter. I am going to continue to use this product and maybe add a serum to increase hydration until I can find another product that is tolerable. Back to the drawing board I go
As a longtime follower of "Simple Skincare Science," I was so excited when f.c. launched "Malezia." I have loved and purchased the moisturizer and benzoyl peroxide several times now, and I cannot wait for my order of the 3 different cleansers to come in!
My boyfriend loves this product! Had to order extra cause he never wants to run out haha!
My skin immediately loved this moisturizer. I am so relieved to find a urea based, fungal acne safe product that keeps me moisturized but doesn’t break me out. I live in Europe so I will have to bulk order, but it’s so worth it. The only complaint I have is that the tube came only 2/3 full. The photo shows how much empty space I rolled down on the tube right after I received it.
My skin is erratic to say the least. And when things start to flare up, I always turn to this moisturizer. I can layer it, it's so beneficial to the skin, its uber hydrating for me...and it helps to calm my skin and smooth out the texture. HIGHLY recommend trying it. I always keep backups of this in my stash.
Great product that works
has really improved my skin texture and acne. I have very sensitive skin and have had immense difficulty in finding a moisturizer that both works and won't irritate/cause any breakouts. I love love love this moisturizer
Love this product. Goes on light and can be layered for extra protection. I use it on my chest as well as that's an FA zone for me. Grateful this product exists!