Urgent update on this product launch: this product was originally scheduled to launch November 14th, 2023. However, we have been informed that the freight company handling our shipment has reported our products are currently missing.
For complete details, please see this post.
Every ingredient in this formula had to fight for its life to be included.
From the moment our Cleansing Balm was conceptualized, we wanted to make something that was fungal-acne safe, 100% biodegradable, could completely remove sunscreen and makeup, decongest pores in process, rinse off cleanly with water, be gentle on skin, and function as a stand-alone cleanser if needed.
We managed to do that with only seven ingredients.
INCI: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Water, PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate, Salicylic Acid, Quillaja Saponaria Wood Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf/Root Extract
Here are some key highlights:
- Water: essential to all things life.
- Saponaria Extracts: contain saponins, which are natural surfactants used for their cleansing and foaming properties. In addition to their cleansing ability, Soapwort Extracts have soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial for sensitive or irritated skin. Some preliminary research has also shown they possess mild antimicrobial effects.
- Salicylic Acid: a well-known beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), included in our formulation for its exfoliating capabilities. It targets dead skin cells and unclogs pores, helping refine skin texture and appearance. Its gentle yet effective action promotes clearer and smoother skin, making it a key ingredient for those seeking a revitalized complexion.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: enhances skin's softness and hydration while providing a silky, non-greasy feel. Our Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is meticulously sourced and contains no trace amount of C12-24 fatty acids, enhancing its microbial potency against Malassezia, a microorganism linked to acne and fungal acne.
- Glycerin: a natural humectant, known for its ability to attract and lock in moisture. By forming a protective barrier, it helps maintain skin hydration keeping it soft and supple, creating a less irritating cleansing experience.
- PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate: a specialized emollient that works synergistically with other surfactants to create a soothing, and milder cleansing experience. Enhances product spreadability and texture, providing a gentle and luxurious application.